Imagine you have a closing next week with a really important client. They are a great client and have lots of opportunities to give you referrals, so you want to thank them for working with you. You go to Hallmark looking for a very SPECIAL thank you card. You can’t believe it, but right there on the shelf, you see a card with YOUR CLIENTS’ PHOTO on the cover in front of the home that you just sold them. It’s a Thank You card. Needless to say, you pick it up and look inside. There you see a handwritten note, IN YOUR HANDWRITING, thanking them for their business with a photo of you.
Would you pay 3 or 4 bucks for this card to send to your new client? Of course you would! That’s exactly what our company does, but you don’t have to go to Hallmark and it’s less expensive! You create this card in a few minutes, hit send, and our company prints the card, stuffs it in an envelope, stamps and mails the card. Best yet, the handwriting in the card is in your handwriting.
What if you could have special, personalized cards sent AUTOMATICALLY to your existing clients and others for years to come? You set up the series of cards you wish to send (called a campaign) and send that campaign out with just a few clicks of the mouse. Cards could be automatically sent for:
- Welcome to Your New Home! (with a gift card included)
- A card after a few months just to check in to see how they are doing in their new home
- 1-year Thank You for Your Business (“Can you believe it’s been a year already?!”)
- Welcome to the Neighborhood!
- Create a Lowe’s coupon (likely available to you because of your National Association of Realtors membership) in a card!
- Thank You cards to fellow realtors who have shown your listings and have taken the time to provide you with feedback
- “Just Listed” announcements
- Send cards to those facing foreclosure (find that information in your local papers) and let them know they may have alternatives and to contact you
- Open House invitations and thank yous
- Target mailing to renters
- Target mailings to FSBOs (include a picture of their home on the front of the card! SHOW them what you can do for them.)
- “Nice to Meet You” cards
- Thank You cards to appraisers, lenders, home inspectors, pest control companies, etc., with whom you do business (imagine how this can increase your referrals!)
- Graduation Cards
- The possibilities are unlimited!
The real key is to GIVE TO GIVE, not to receive. When you send kindness out to people, they will remember you. The rewards may or may not be immediate, but there will be rewards.
Who do you think your customers will think of first when they have an opportunity to provide a realtor referral? If you want to build a successful business based on referrals, then you need a system that makes this possible. Contact us now to send a couple cards on us to check things out. Start increasing your referrals today!!
Check out what Gayle Zientek has to say about the impact of SendOutCards on her realty business!
My husband and I have been using SendOutCards to send greeting cards and gifts to our real estate clients since May of 2007. At the time we started, our referral business was about 35% of our total income. After using SendOutCards to say Thank You, Congratulations (on your wedding, baby, new home, graduation etc), Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas…our referral business has skyrocketed to 98% and we have not had to prospect for business in over 2 years. In November of 2012 we opened our own real estate company. I’d encourage any business owner looking to create substantial referral business to sign up for SendOutCards and even consider doing so as a Marketing Distributor. I guarantee if you send cards, you’ll have others who will want to become business partners or customers in the Brick and Mortar to Click and Order Revolution!
Gayle & Steve Zientek Broker/Owner of Network Team Homes Realty Portage, Michigan www.NetworkTeamHomes.com